Thursday, December 2, 2010

Make It Personal

No one likes a recession. However, I will say that reading about increased saving patterns among Americans and a decrease in excess spending leads me to believe that we're getting back to a more healthy balance of wonderful little splurges & daily habits of practicality. Which leads me to the topic of... homemade gifts!
Peppermint Hot Fudge? Yes, please! Definitely looking into that recipe...

Apartment Therapy, a favorite blog of mine, has an extension called: The Kitchn - which sends out a wonderful weekly email containing fun "must-have" kitchen tools, cooking trends, tips for entertaining, remodeling, etc... Well, this week's email had such a great topic that I thought it would be a perfect inspiration for those of you who follow my blog. It's a compilation of 40 homemade oils, granola, cocktail concoctions and more... so perfect for a hostess gift or to batch-prep for a group of girlfriends. (I'd include the recipe so they can enjoy making the refill when your present runs out!)
Chocolate Balsamic, an absolute must-try. I've never combined those two....
Skillet Toffee, always a winner w/ the Imig family...
Enjoy! And keep an eye on The Kitchn for fabulous kitchen how-to's throughout the year.
Happy December ~Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment